A short discussion on ways, that I am aware of and versed in, to become a software developer, either as a regular “job” or as an entrepreneur. I discuss Java Enterprise development, PHP, template development, mobile and game “app” development, etc.
Recorded on 12/13/2012
One of the keys to long-term freedom, is having some form of economic freedom. One of the freest, least regulated and most flexible means of obtaining economic freedom, is available in software development. With software development, you can often:
- Work from your own home
- Start a small side business which can grow into a full-time business
- Make simple; but useful programs and sell them on already existing marketplaces
- Learn technologies which are always changing and keep your mind sharp by adapting to them. Circumventing the use it or lose it, problems which often accompany areas of work that are more static in nature.
- Have skills that are rare and valued by customers and/or employers and consequently, be valuable to them, with the accompanying treatment.
These are characteristics which many would love to have, in the earning of their living; yet few actually do. The tools are available, however, and accessible to anyone; to do all of these things, without even a college education.
The bottom line is, its the end product that matters most, in software. If you can be good at building/designing software products and produce consistently good/stable results, you can make a living in this field. It doesn’t matter who you are or what degrees you have. Degrees can be helpful; but there are cheaper and easier ways in.
- Genuine Freedom Doesn’t Happen Overnight
- Creating a Paradigm Shift: Revitalizing the Way You View Yourself and the World
- Knock Me Down, I’ll Just Come Back Running!
- Love You to Death
- MyStrangeMind.com is Evolving