For the month of March, I am engaging in a truly transformative experience, a fast and a detox, phased in a week at a time and starting today.
This experience is going to be a thorough cleanse of my entire body/mind/spirit through fasting, detoxification and meditation (Tai Chi, Yoga, Sitting Meditation, Breathing Exercises). I am using a phased approach, so I can gradually work my way into an eventual water-only fast, over the course of a a month; so the overall experience will produce the greatest benefits, in terms of bodily detoxification, spiritual development, and dietary improvement.
In past fasting and detoxification experiences, I’ve had profound revelations on many different levels of significance. Since I am taking the time to go through preparatory pre-fasting stages, over several weeks, I expect the benefits to be far greater than in previous experiences, where I only pre-fasted for a few days prior to the fast.
In all of my 30 years, I have encountered few experiences that are as powerful and transformative, in such a short period of time, as these fasting experiences. I want to make this one the best fasting experience yet, so I can feel more alive, more aware and more in touch with my spiritual and experiential reality.
Here is the plan for this experience, as it stands right now:
- March 1 – March 8 – Begin a detox diet, eliminate meat, bread, (most) dairy and sweets. Diet consisting mostly of stir fried veggies, sprouts and fresh raw vegetable juice.
- March 9 – March 16 – Similar diet to the first week; but more emphasis on vegetable juice.
- March 17 – March 22 – Juice only diluted 50% with filtered water, also coconut water at times.
- March 23 – ??? – Water only with some tea.
I’m leaving the duration of the water fast open ended, but the goal is to listen to my body and go for somewhere between 5 and 14 days. I’ll be updating with future journals, possibly with videos, whenever time permits. I am looking forward to documenting this transformation as it progresses. I’d like to document this in a much more significant way than I have during past experiences. I really want to take the lessons learned during past experiences and apply them for this ordeal, so I can again be astonished by what may transpire.
- Water Fast: Day 3
- Video Podcast #4: Fasting/Detox: Journal #2 – 3/20/2012
- #38 A Week Into the Juice Fast
- Juice Fasting!!
- Breaking of the fast: the feeling begins